Despite the icy cold weather that seems to put spring on hold for March, we started thinking about what we’re going to do and where we we’d like to travel this season. We realized though that there is no better way to enjoy spring than in the midst of nature. The good news is that we don’t need to go too far to experience it.
We ended up planning for fun things to do outside when the weather gets warmer in our hometown. We’d also like to bring some cheer and spring atmosphere into your homes by giving you a chance to win our Flower Fields puzzle pack on this week’s Facebook contest.
Here is our to-do list of activities for this spring. The puzzles from Flowers and Flower Fields packs have easily set us in the spring mood :).
- Go on a flower hunt to find and photograph the first snowdrops and crocuses. We’ll go somewhere close to our house where we’ve spot them in previous years or we’ll travel a bit further to discover new spots.
- Sit outside at a café terrace near nature and enjoy the warm sunlight and the birds’ chirping sounds.
- Take a hike and watch how nature comes alive again. We are lucky to live in Stockholm, so we can find some very beautiful hiking locations just a short bus ride away.
- Plant something green or colorful. We are thinking to plant the commonly known heartsease flowers, or Viola tricolor in a woodland clearing or a decorative container.
- Check the nearest greenhouse and nursery for ideas of decorating our balcony and pot gardening. We’d like to add plants and stylish pots to add more privacy and freshen the appearance of our balcony. It will be our cozy and relaxing area when we want to enjoy the fresh air with a cup of tea in the morning.
We’re already so excited to do all these activities. Feel free to share in the comments about your plans for this spring. Check our Jigsaw Puzzle Frenzy game for more spring-inspired puzzles.